Agricultural Barn Safety Ideas
When working on barn design of your post frame building here are some thoughts to keep in mind. Whether housing horses, sheep, cows, chicken, or other animals on your farm you want to keep your animals safe.
Prior to putting up your barn:
- Choose a location for your facility that is clear of wet areas or prone to flooding.
- Have easy access to water for your building.
When working on design of your post frame building here are more ideas to contemplate:
- It’s good to have multiple exits in your agricultural building.
- You have the option to install fire curtains or firewalls to reduce the potential for fire spread.
- Keep hay storage and animal living area in separate areas of the barn.
- Good ventilation – maintains good air quality.
Lastly, important words to live by when your post frame building is complete:
- Always keep your facility and grounds picked up. This increases your odds of remaining accident free.