RAM Family of Companies
Call us Today! 320-485-2844
RAM Family of Companies
Construction Trades Course
RAM Buildings, Inc. carpentry training program is a 3 week – 120 hour course covering topics that provides students exposure to key job site skills needed in today’s construction industry. The course is designed as an introduction to working in the building trades and is the starting point for students to obtain in-demand post frame construction skills that makes them excellent candidates for entry-level construction positions. This is an entry / laborer level course.
Through a combination of education and hands on learning, students develop skills as they learn about safety, the proper usage of tools, reading construction drawings, and proper workplace conduct. They will practice relevant construction skills and receive instruction from an industry professional. Students will work on projects that provide them with applied construction knowledge and teamwork skills.
We are looking for individuals willing to learn, interested in making an investment in their employment future, with good work ethic, and hands on skills.
If you enjoy being outdoors, working with your hands, a variety of projects & challenges, and having the ability to visually see your accomplishments…
then this is the career for you!
WE WILL TRAIN YOU!
Instruction includes an introduction to:
- Basic Safety Training: power tools/hand tools and equipment
- Construction math and their applications and use of measurement tools
- Hand tools: proper usage, safety, and maintenance
- Power tools: proper usage, safety, and maintenance
- Construction drawings, plan reading, surveying, and layout
- Basic Rigging Skills: safe material and equipment movement, load handling safety
- Basic Communication Skills: verbal, written, and electronic as applied to the job site
- Basic Employability Skills: roles within the construction industry, critical thinking and problem solving, relationship skills, self-presentation, and workplace issues
- Material Identification: proper handling and hazards
- Basic Construction of a Post Frame Building: Framing processes, application of steel and trims.
Practice Using the Basics:
- Safety Glasses
- Dust Mask
- Carpenter Pencil
- Tape Measure
- Torpedo Level
- Small Speed Square
- Construction Chisel
- Cat’s Paw
- Ear Plugs
- Tool Belt
- Utility Knife
- Slip Grove Pliers
- Power tools
- Program cost: $400
- Reimbursement available if student is employed by RAM for 6 months post completion.
- Scholarship opportunities available.
Contact RAM Buildings, Inc. at (320)485-5587, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you know of someone who would benefit from this program please have them contact us TODAY!
“Our building is great and everyone at RAM was great to work with. The salesman was very down to earth and easy to get along with. The owners were very appreciative and they were willing to do what I wanted to do. Good quality of building, I am very satisfied. Thank you RAM!”
“We enjoyed working with Brad. We had a totally different idea of what we were going to do before we sat down with him. Brad had such good suggestions that many of them were implemented. The Carpenters did a super job! Everything turned out perfect!”
“RAM did a great job! They are a very professional group of guys. I am very pleased with my building!”
“Earlier this summer, we built a new pole building, and I just wanted to say we couldn’t be happier with the finished product! Thanks to Troy, Dave and the crew. All of your contractors were great too! We won’t hesitate to recommend your company in the future.”
“The Territory Manager was especially helpful. RAM used excellent materials and the carpenters displayed excellent workmanship. We would recommend them to anyone.”
“I was very impressed with the overall process. From design and planning, to the actual building from first pole to last screw. I will always be thankful for the quality building they built for me. It will be a value to us for many years to come. Thanks RAM for the quality building.”