RAM Family of Companies
Call us Today! 320-485-2844
RAM Family of Companies
RAM Buildings, Inc. specializes in post-frame construction and we are looking for a detail-orientated individual to add to our project order processing team. The position has a blend of responsibilities which include material takeoffs, drafting, ordering, supporting field personnel while working both independently and collaborating with a team.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
- Processing an order (project) with tasks including:
- Cross referencing drawings, estimate and contract to determine if there are any discrepancies
- Create a detailed materials list required to construct
- Order non-stock materials for the project
- Provide guidance to drafting team on construction details needed for construction
- Cross check projects processed by others.
- Review vendor order confirmations for accuracy.
- Work with Crew Managers and Processing Manager to coordinate material deliveries to jobsites per the master job schedule.
- Work with Crew Managers, Processing Manager, and leadership team to standardize building details and construction practices.
- Participate in pre-construction project handoff meetings with field personnel.
- Data entry
- Take calls on questions from site personal on projects processed by you.
- Review specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required content of bids and estimates
- Assist in the preparation of construction drawings and permit drawings design-build project
- Prepare construction budgets and specs from plans, identifying and projecting costs for all aspects of construction
- Obtain bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying quality subcontractors
- Prepare quantity take-offs for both installed and material projects
- Prepare vendor/subcontractor pricing/bid solicitations and coordination
- Monitor client addendums and revise take offs, estimates and drawings, as needed
- Prepare public and private bids for submittal
- Track historical cost data as it relates to future estimating
- The ability to read construction drawings
- Proficiency in Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to solve problems and challenges in the field as they arise in relation to building materials and plans
- Ability to multitask
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Drafting experience
- Field construction experience
- Post frame building experience
- Experience using Sage 100 Contractor software
Compensation & Benefits Includes:
- Competitive Wages and overtime pay
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Simple IRA with Employer Match
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays—8 per year
- Life Insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
Apply now, online here, or come in and fill out an application at our main office:
RAM Buildings, Inc.
592 Industrial Drive
Winsted, MN 55395
“I was very happy with the overall Job! The crew foreman was excellent! Sales was very helpful and knowledgeable.”
“Earlier this summer, we built a new pole building, and I just wanted to say we couldn’t be happier with the finished product! Thanks to Troy, Dave and the crew. All of your contractors were great too! We won’t hesitate to recommend your company in the future.”
“The project was completed ahead of schedule!”
“RAM did a great job! They are a very professional group of guys. I am very pleased with my building!”
“Our building is great and everyone at RAM was great to work with. The salesman was very down to earth and easy to get along with. The owners were very appreciative and they were willing to do what I wanted to do. Good quality of building, I am very satisfied. Thank you RAM!”
“The building crew was professional. They were open to making changes as the job progressed. The building is structurally sound and looks very nice. Everyone at RAM was easy to work with.”